Lawsuit accuses Saudi Arabia of attacking Florida military base

The complaint, filed monday, also alleges that Saudi apprentices knew the plans for the shooting in advance, but did nothing to prevent it.

The dress focuses on December 6, 2019, shooting at Pensacola Naval Air Base where Mohammed Saeed Alshamrani shot and killed three U. S. sailors, nine months after U. S. officials revealed that Alshamrani, a Saudi Air Force officer, had contacted al-Qaeda. how to make plans and tactics in the weeks leading up to the attack and that had become radicalized before coming to the United States to participate in an army education program.

The trial throws a great deal of blame beyond Alshamrani, who claims, for example, that Saudi Arabia is aware of Alshamrani’s associations with Al-Qaeda and its radicalization and yet did not monitor, monitor or denounce it. He also says the gunman told his fellow Saudi Apprentices at a dinner party the day before the attack that planned to trigger the shooting the next day, but instead of reporting it, they called for ill health of the morning murders. One recorded the shots while outside the building doors; two others were hunting from a nearby car.

“None of the Royal Saudi Air Force’s apprentices at the site of the attack reported on al-Shamrani’s behavior or to arrest him,” the trial says, “because they supported him. “

The complaint also states that Alshamrani’s Saudi apprentices knew that he had purchased and stored firearms and ammunition at his barracks, and that he had posted and shared extremists on social media and watched videos of mass shootings before the attack.

“Al-Shamrani, a Trojan horse sent across his country, the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, and his agent, al-Qaeda in the Arabian Peninsula, for flight education at Naval Air Base in Pensacola, Florida, under the auspices of a program related to billions of dollars in arms sales from the US army to the UK,” demand states. “The Americans did not know that such an arrangement would soon become a terrible factual matter.

A month after the shooting, then-Attorney General William Barr announced that 21 Saudi interns who were found to have jihadist or anti-American emotions on social media pages or “contact with child pornography” would be sent home.

The complaint seeks damages against Saudi Arabia under an exemption from the law authorizing prosecutions against foreign countries as a result of acts of terrorism, although then-President Donald Trump told reporters that he had spoken to the king of Saudi Arabia and that the kingdom would. Assistance to the families of those affected “very broadly”, the kingdom violated the agreement by not compensating or committing to them, as demanded.

The trial comes when Biden’s administration has pointed to a more difficult stance toward Saudi Arabia after a warm date for more than four years between Trump and Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman. Earlier this month, President Joe Biden fulfilled his promise to crusade the United States for a five-year Saudi Bombing Crusade in Yemen, however, he said the United States would not give up the military’s help for the kingdom at all.

The trial in the Northern District of Florida on behalf of the families of the 3 dead and thirteen others injured, the sheriff’s officers added. A spokesman for the Saudi embassy in Washington did not respond promptly to an email seeking comment on Monday.

———

Follow Eric Tucker on Twitter on http://www. twitter. com/etuckerAP

Policy 24/7 of the latest news and events.

Leave a Comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *